Who is Qualified to Register to Vote?
A UNITED STATES CITIZEN IS ELIGIBLE TO REGISTER TO VOTE IF:
- the citizen is at least 18 years old, or will become 18 years old on or before the date of the next election, and if
- the citizen has been a resident or will have been a resident of his or her precenct for 30 days before the date of the next election
- the citizen must provide two (2) forms of identification
1. Verification of Name
2. Verification of Address
The Illinois Election Code defines a resident as someone who has a “permanent abode or dwelling within the precinct.” (10 ILCS 5/3-1)
Where To Register To Vote?
- LaSalle County Clerk’s Office
Monday – Friday
8:00AM – 4:30PM
707 E. Etna Road
Ottawa, IL 61350
- Township Offices
- City Clerk’s Offices
- Deputy Registrars throughout the County – call the County Clerk’s Office for further information
- Register by mail – call the County Clerk’s Office for further information
When To Register To Vote?
Pursuant to 10 ILCS 5/4-6, there shall be no registration during the 27 days preceding any election or until the 2nd day following such election.